Do you want to earn extra income and enhance your resume with another certification? You can become a Basic Life Support (BLS) Instructor in only 2 days!
BLS (Basic Life Support) Instructor 1902: February 23 & 24, 2019 (Saturdays & Sundays; 0900 to 1700 hrs)
Application Deadline: Friday, February 15, 2019
BLS Instructor Certification
Heart & Stroke BLS Instructor certificate will be issued.
BLS Instructor Prerequisites
Only one prerequisite is required:
- Current Heart & Stroke Foundation of Canada - Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider.
Please email info@ESAcanada.com or call (780) 416-8822 to apply for the BLS Instructor course, or download and complete the application form.
BLS Instructor Fees
- Administration Fee: $50.00
- Course Materials: $50.00
- Tuition: $395.00
- Total Fees (including GST): $495.00
Payment of Fees: All course fees are payable to Emergency Services Academy Ltd. Payments may be made by cash, cheque, Visa, MasterCard, Amex and Debit Card. Cash payments must be for the correct amount as ESA does not keep any cash onsite.
Funds may be transferred to Emergency Services Academy Ltd. by INTERAC e-Transfer. There are two steps:
- Set up the e-transfer through your bank using the ESA email address: e-transfers@ESAcanada.com
- Then send an email to e-transfers@ESAcanada.com with the answer to your security question.
BLS Instructor Curriculum
The BLS Instructor course is a two-day course comprised of two modules:
- The Core Training Program covers general information pertaining to the Heart and Stroke Foundation and the adult education principles utilized within HSF courses. The Instructor-Candidate will be introduced to HSF policies, procedures and administration requirements for delivering an HSF course, including use of the Resuscitation portal as part of pre- and post-course preparation.
- The specific BLS Module introduces the student to the educational materials and syllabus utilized in the delivery of the HSF BLS provider and renewal courses.
Course Materials (costs included in ESA fees) include:
- HSF BLS for Healthcare Provider Student Manual
- HSF BLS for Healthcare Providers Instructor Manual