The EMR ACP Prep Course is a continuing education course which provides a review of theory and practical skills in preparation for an Alberta College of Paramedics (ACP) exam for EMR registration.
The EMR Alberta College of Paramedics Provincial Registration Examination format has changed. Please refer to the ACP website for details:
THE ESA EMR ACP Prep Course is recommended for anyone who has graduated from an ACP Approved EMR Program within the past 12 months.
This course is offered to the following EMR graduates :
- ESA EMR Program graduates preparing to write the ACP exam
- ESA EMR Program graduates who were unsuccessful on their first attempt at the Alberta College of Paramedics Registration Exam
- Graduates of other ACP Approved EMR Programs
Questions? Want to enrol? Contact us today.
EMR ACP Preparation Courses - 2019
EMR ACP 1909 - Saturday, September 7 and Sunday, September 8, 2019
- Application Deadline: Friday, August 30, 2019. Pre-registration is required. This is not a drop-in class.
- Saturday, September 7, 2019 - 0900 to 1700 hrs - Written Exam and Review, Scenarios and Skill Stations
- Sunday, September 8, 2019 - 0900 to 1700 hrs - Skills and scenarios
EMR ACP 1911 - Saturday, November 2 and Sunday, November 3, 2019
- Application Deadline: Friday, October 25, 2019. Pre-registration is required. This is not a drop-in class.
- Saturday, November 2, 2019 - 0900 to 1700 hrs - Written Exam and Review, Scenarios and Skill Stations
- Sunday, November 3, 2019 - 0900 to 1700 hrs - Skills and scenarios
There is no certificate awarded for an EMR ACP Prep Course.
An application for the EMR ACP Prep Course must include the following:
- Proof of age (minimum 18 years).
- Photocopy of an EMR certificate indicating successful completion of an ACP Approved EMR program.
ESA offers a complimentary EMR ACP Prep course to graduates of the ESA EMR Program who were unsuccessful on their first attempt at the Alberta College of Paramedics exam.
- Fees will be waived once.
- Offer is valid within one year of graduation from the ESA EMR Program.
- Provide ESA with a copy of your ACP examination results and a completed application.
It is the responsibility of an applicant to ensure an application submitted to ESA is complete and meets all prerequisites. Acceptance will be confirmed upon receipt of a complete application and full payment of fees.
Submit your completed application and payment by:
E-mail to info@ESAcanada.com
Fax to 780-449-4787, or
Mail, courier or deliver it in person to:
Emergency Services Academy Ltd.
2nd Floor, 161 Broadway Boulevard
Sherwood Park AB T8H 2A8
Questions? Call 780-416-8822 or e-mail info@ESAcanada.com.
Fees for the EMR ACP Prep Course for Graduates of other ACP Approved EMR Programs
- Administration Fee (non-refundable): $125.00
- Course Materials: $50.00
- Tuition Fee: $300.00
- Total Fees for EMR ACP Prep Courses are $475.00 (including GST).
ESA Fees are subject to change. Notice of any changes will be listed on this website. Fees can be confirmed by contacting ESA by phone or email.
Payment of Fees: All course fees are payable to Emergency Services Academy Ltd. Payments may be made by cash, cheque, Visa, MasterCard, Amex and Debit Card. Cash payments must be for the correct amount as ESA does not keep any cash onsite.
Funds may be transferred to Emergency Services Academy Ltd. by INTERAC e-Transfer using the ESA email address: e-Transfer@ESAcanada.com
Withdrawals and Refunds
- The Administration Fee is non-refundable.
- All fees are non-refundable as of the Application Deadline.