The EMR COPR Exam Prep is a continuing education course which provides a review of theory in preparation for a COPR (Canadian Organization of Paramedic Regulators) exam for EMR registration.
The EMR Alberta College of Paramedics Provincial Registration Examination format has changed. Please refer to the Alberta College of Paramedics website for details.
THE ESA EMR COPR Exam Prep Course is recommended for anyone who has graduated from an Alberta College of Paramedics Approved EMR Program within the past 12 months.
This course is offered to the following EMR graduates :
- ESA EMR Program graduates preparing to write the COPR exam
- ESA EMR Program graduates who were unsuccessful on their first attempt at the Alberta College of Paramedics Registration Exam
- Graduates of other Alberta College of Paramedics Approved EMR Programs
Questions? Want to enrol? Contact us today.
EMR COPR Exam Prep Courses - 2021
Program Code: EMR COPR 2021-11 - Monday, November 8 & Wednesday, November 10, 2021
- Online through ZOOM - 1700 hrs to 2100 hrs
- Application Deadline: Thursday, November 4, 2021
A registration exam is a requirement for most new EMR, PCP and ACP applicants for registration with the Alberta College of Paramedics. (The exception to this is those who are licensed in another province or have education or experience deemed equivalent by the Registrar.)
The Canadian Organization of Paramedic Regulators (COPR) examinations are the approved registration examinations required of applicants applying to the general register of the College. (Please note: The COPR examinations now take the place of the former Provincial Registration Examinations. For more information, please see Changes to Alberta Exams.)
The COPR examinations are currently issued in all three currently recognized designations in Alberta:
- Emergency Medical Responder (EMR)
- Primary Care Paramedic (PCP)
- Advanced Care Paramedic (ACP)
To be eligible for the COPR examinations
To be eligible for the COPR examination at the EMR designation, click here.
Information on the COPR Examinations
Information on the COPR Examinations can be found here: https://www.copr.ca/examinations/information-and-application-process/
COPR has many resources for exam candidates, including an Examination Handbook that includes information about the process, including: eligibility requirements, what to expect when applying for the exam, what happens after you apply for the exam, what happens on exam day and what to expect following the exam.
If you have any questions, please email Exams@ABparamedics.com.
There is no certificate awarded for an EMR COPR Exam Prep Course.
An application for the EMR COPR Exm Prep Course must include the following:
- Proof of age (minimum 18 years).
- Photocopy of an EMR certificate indicating successful completion of an Alberta College of Paramedics Approved EMR program.
ESA offers a complimentary EMR COPR Exam Prep course to graduates of the ESA EMR Program who were unsuccessful on their first attempt at the COPR exam.
- Fees will be waived once.
- Offer is valid within one year of graduation from the ESA EMR Program.
- Provide ESA with a copy of your COPR examination results and a completed application.
It is the responsibility of an applicant to ensure an application submitted to ESA is complete and meets all prerequisites. Acceptance will be confirmed upon receipt of a complete application and full payment of fees.
Submit your completed application and payment by:
E-mail to info@ESAcanada.com
Fax to 780-449-4787, or
Mail, courier or deliver it in person to:
Emergency Services Academy Ltd.
2nd Floor, 161 Broadway Boulevard
Sherwood Park AB T8H 2A8
Questions? Call 780-416-8822 or e-mail info@ESAcanada.com.
Fees for the EMR COPR Exam Prep Course for Graduates of Alberta College of Paramedics Approved EMR Programs
- Administration Fee (non-refundable): $50.00
- Tuition Fee: $125.00
- Total Fees for EMR COPR Exam Prep Courses are $175.00 (including GST)
ESA Fees are subject to change. Notice of any changes will be listed on this website. Fees can be confirmed by contacting ESA by phone or email.
Payment of Fees: All course fees are payable to Emergency Services Academy Ltd. Payments may be made by cash, cheque, Visa, MasterCard, Amex and Debit Card. Cash payments must be for the correct amount as ESA does not keep any cash onsite.
Funds may be transferred to Emergency Services Academy Ltd. by INTERAC e-Transfer using the ESA email address: e-Transfer@ESAcanada.com
Withdrawals and Refunds
- The Administration Fee is non-refundable.
- All fees are non-refundable as of the Application Deadline.
The EMR COPR Exam Prep Course at ESA is an 8 hour course presented online over one day or two evenings.
Course curriculum includes theory review.