Do you want to earn extra income and enhance your resume with another certification? You can become a Basic Life Support (BLS) Instructor in only 3 days!
BLS Instructor Certification
Heart & Stroke BLS Instructor certificate will be issued.
BLS Instructor Prerequisites
Only one prerequisite is required:
- Current Heart & Stroke Foundation of Canada - BLS Provider.
BLS Instructor Fees
- Administration Fee: $50.00
- Course Materials: $100.00
- Tuition: $350.00
- Total Fees (including GST): $500.00
Payment of Fees: All course fees are payable to Emergency Services Academy Ltd. Payments may be made by cash, cheque, Visa, MasterCard, Amex and Debit Card. Cash payments must be for the correct amount as ESA does not keep any cash onsite.
Funds may be transferred to Emergency Services Academy Ltd. by INTERAC e-Transfer using the ESA email address: e-transfers@ESAcanada.com
BLS Instructor Curriculum
The BLS Instructor course is a two-day course (plus one day co-teach) comprised of two modules:
- The Core Training Program covers general information pertaining to the Heart and Stroke Foundation and the adult education principles utilized within HSF courses. The Instructor-Candidate will be introduced to HSF policies, procedures and administration requirements for delivering an HSF course, including use of the Resuscitation portal as part of pre- and post-course preparation.
- The specific BLS Module introduces the student to the educational materials and syllabus utilized in the delivery of the HSF BLS provider and renewal courses.
Course Materials (costs included in ESA fees) include:
- HSF BLS Provider Student Manual
- HSF BLS Provider Instructor Manual