The EMR "Entry to Practice" Exam Prep is a continuing education course which provides EMR graduates the opportunity to practice writing exams and to identify areas requiring further review in preparation for the "Entry to Practice" Exam.
The ESA EMR "Entry to Practice" Exam Prep Course is recommended for anyone who has graduated from an Alberta College of Paramedics Approved EMR Program.
This course is offered to the following EMR graduates:
- EMR Program graduates preparing to write an "Entry to Practice" exam
- ESA EMR Program graduates who were unsuccessful on their first attempt at an "Entry to Practice" Exam
Questions? Want to enrol? Contact us today.
EMR "Entry to Practice" Exam Prep Courses - 2023
Program Code: EMR ETP Exam Prep 2023-01 - Jan 31, Feb 2 & Feb 7, 2023 at ESA - 1700 hrs to 2100 hrs
- Tuesday, January 31, 2023
- Thursday, February 2, 2023
- Tuesday, February 7, 2023
- Application Deadline- Thursday, January 26, 2023
Program Code: EMR ETP Exam Prep 2023-05 - May 2, 4, & 9, 2023 at ESA - 1700 hrs to 2100 hrs
- Tuesday, May 2, 2023
- Thursday, May 4, 2023
- Tuesday, May 9, 2023
- Application Deadline - Thursday, April 27, 2023
Program Code: EMR ETP Exam Prep 2023-08 - Aug 1, 3 & 8, 2023 at ESA - 1700 hrs to 2100 hrs
- Tuesday, Aug 1, 2023
- Thursday, Aug 3, 2023
- Tuesday, Aug 8, 2023
- Application Deadline- Thursday, July 27, 2023
Program Code: EMR ETP Exam Prep 2023-10 - Oct 30, Nov 1 & Nov 6, 2023 at ESA - 1700 hrs to 2100 hrs
- Monday, Oct 30, 2023
- Wednesday, Nov 1, 2023
- Monday, Nov 6, 2023
- Application Deadline- Wednesday, October 25, 2023
A digital certificate of completion is awarded for the EMR "Entry to Practice" Exam Prep Course.
An application for a EMR "Entry to Practice" Exam Prep Course at ESA must include the following:
- Proof of age (minimum 18 years). A driver's license is acceptable.
- Photocopy of an EMR certificate indicating successful completion of an EMR Program.
ESA offers a complimentary EMR "Entry to Practice" Exam Prep course to graduates of the ESA EMR Program who were unsuccessful on their first attempt at an "Entry to Practice" exam.
- Fees will be waived once. Offer is valid within one year of graduation from the ESA EMR Program.
- Provide ESA with a copy of your examination results and a completed application.
It is the responsibility of an applicant to ensure an application submitted to ESA is complete and meets all prerequisites. Acceptance will be confirmed upon receipt of a complete application and full payment of fees.
Submit your completed application and payment by:
E-mail to info@ESAcanada.com
Fax to 780-449-4787, or
Mail, courier or deliver it in person to:
Emergency Services Academy Ltd.
2nd Floor, 161 Broadway Boulevard
Sherwood Park AB T8H 2A8
Questions? Call 780-416-8822 or e-mail info@ESAcanada.com.
- Administration Fee (non-refundable): $50.00
- Tuition Fee: $125.00
- Total Fees (including GST) for EMR "Entry to Practice" Exam Prep Courses are $175.00
ESA Fees are subject to change. Notice of any changes will be listed on this website. Fees can be confirmed by contacting ESA by phone or email.
Payment of Fees: All course fees are payable to Emergency Services Academy Ltd. Payments may be made by cash, cheque, Visa, MasterCard, Amex and Debit Card. Cash payments must be for the correct amount as ESA does not keep any cash onsite.
Funds may be transferred to Emergency Services Academy Ltd. by INTERAC e-Transfer using the ESA email address: e-transfers@ESAcanada.com. Please email e-transfers@ESAcanada.com your response to security question.
Withdrawals and Refunds
- The Administration Fee is non-refundable.
- All fees are non-refundable as of the Application Deadline.
The EMR "Entry to Practice" Exam Prep Course at ESA is a twelve hour course.
Course curriculum includes:
- Written exam practice
- Exam review with an instructor
- Customized lectures based on written exam results